June 18, 2019
20 Minute Salmon Grain Bowl with Cilantro Sauce
- 1 ½ cup pearled farro
- 2 center cut salmon filets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 persian cucumber, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 medium watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cilantro sauce:
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet tray with foil.
- Place salmon on prepared sheet tray and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15-18 minutes.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add farro and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- While salmon and farro is cooking make the cilantro sauce: combine the cilantro, garlic, green onion, vinegar, olive oil, and salt in a blender or food processor and pulse until combined. If you do not have a blender or food processor just chop all the ingredients and whisk together in a bowl.
- Divide farro into 2 bowls. Top with salmon, grated carrots, sliced cucumber, watermelon radish, and avocado slices. Drizzle with cilantro sauce.