June 18, 2019
Asparagus, Parmesan, Leek, and Lemon Quiche
- 1 (9 inch) store bought pie dough
- For the cream mixture ingredients
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup Crème Fraîche
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For Vegetable filling:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 1 1/2 bunches asparagus, divided
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more to garnish
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Roll out pie dough
- Whisk together all ingredients for the cream mixture in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks and sauté, stirring occasionally until tender. Slice 1 bunch asparagus into 1 1/2-inch-sized pieces. Add to skillet and cook about 2 minutes until just tender.
- Cover bottom of baked crust with Parmesan. Add in asparagus-leek mixture.Use a vegetable peeler to shave the remaining asparagus into ribbons.
- Pour in cream filling 3/4 of the way to the top. Arrange remaining asparagus like spokes in a wheel. Sprinkle on lemon zest. Bake about 30 minutes until filling is set. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves.