- One bunch fresh basil
- 8 ripe yellow peaches
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 8 strips bacon
- 3 large fresh mozzarella balls
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar reduction:
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- For the balsamic vinegar reduction:
- In a small skillet, combine vinegar and honey and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid has reduced and thickened. Set aside to cool.
- For the caprese:
- Quarter four peaches and wrap each half in a bacon strip. In a cast-iron pan, cook bacon-wrapped peaches until bacon is cooked and peaches are tender. Set aside to cool to room temperature while you assemble the salad.
- For the salad, thinly slice the tomatoes, the four remaining peaches and the mozzarella. Layer all the peaches, mozzarella and tomatoes in alternating order, then top liberally with balsamic reduction. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.