- 1 eggplant, cut in half horizontally and sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3 small roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups good quality tomato sauce
- 4 sprigs thyme
- ¼ cup freshly grated aged pecorino
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut vegetables and cheese into very thin slices.
- Pour tomato sauce into a round ceramic baking dish. Lay mozzarella slices on top.
- Arrange the eggplant, zucchini and tomato slices on top.
- Drizzle a liberal amount of olive oil on top and season with black pepper. Lay thyme on top and sprinkle with the freshly grated pecorino. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.