Making Your Own Jam
Learn about what constitutes a jam, and how that differs from a preserve, marmalade or jelly. Fresh fruit jam is so simple anyone can make it with a little preparation. In this class we'll teach you not only a basic recipe for homemade jam, but also some of the principles and theory behind turning fruit and sugar into delicious jam.
8 In-depth Lessons
- 1. Introduction to Making Your Own Jam (free) (Free)1:25
- 2. What is Jam? - L 13:45
- 3. Choosing the Right Fruits - L 24:21
- 4. Organizing Your Kitchen - L 35:28
- 5. Preparing Your Fruit - L 49:01
- 6. Cooking Your Fruit - L 518:30
- 7. What is Pectin? - L 63:06
- 8. Canning - L 714:12
- 9. Final Thoughts - L 83:03
Meet the Instructor
Kevin was the West Coast editor of W magazine and now runs the blog SavingtheSeason.com; writes about food, culture, and travel; and produces a retail collection of jams and marmalades. He is certified as a Master Food Preserver, and authored an entertaining and detailed guide to home canning, pickling, and preserving.
Upgrade to Plus
Unlock all classes, shows & features with a 7 day free trialStart your free trial