How to make Amatriciana, spaghetti with bacon and tomatoes.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 large handful coarse salt
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Guanciale, chopped
- 1, 28 ounces can whole peeled 'san marzano' tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 wedge Pecorino Romano, freshly grated
- Fresh basil bunch
- Whole dried pepperoncini
- 2 tablespoons cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup approx pasta water
- Bring a pot of water to a roaring boil, and add a large handful of coarse sea salt, cook the spaghetti.
- Heat a large saute pan and add a little olive oil, add the sliced guanciale, and render the fat.