Aojiru (Japanese Kale Drink)
This drink would fit right in at any new, hip juicing bar ... though it was actually developed by a Japanese doctor in the 1940's, who knew then what people know now: these ingredients are a nutrient powerhouse.
- 1 bunch washed Komatsuna leaves
- 1 bunch washed Kale leaves
- Clippings from 1/2 container of young barley or wheat grass
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1/2 peeled lemon
- Tools: Breville Juicer, Thin glass cups, scissors or knife to cut wheat
- *Ingredients should be kept in the refrigerator a few hours before making, as it will lend to a better flavor.
- Wash and trim ends off the komatsuna.
- Wash kale.