Basic ingredients and easy to prepare — all reasons why this tasty dish is a classic!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch in thickness
- 4 ounces Shiitake mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch in thickness
- 1 pound lean ground beef (80/20)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons paprika (Hungarian if available)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, or to taste
- 1 pound egg noodles
- Add oil to a large heavy-bottomed pot or skillet on medium high heat.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot with a pinch of salt. Sauté the mushrooms until the water has evaporated and the mushrooms are tender, about 5-6 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pot and reserve.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?