Chocolate, buttercream frosting and a certain tasty ingredient bring this decadent cupcake together.
- 1 cup Guinness beer
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-6 tablespoons Guinness beer
- 5-6 cups confectioner's sugar
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Make the cupcakes: Pour the beer into a pot set to medium heat.
- Add the butter and stir until completely melted.