Nothing beets a beautifully delicious dip made with sweet beets.
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 2 medium beets, boiled
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 small garlic clove
- Salt, to taste
- 3 1/3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Pita bread
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a food processor, grind the chickpeas, beets, tahini, lime juice, garlic, salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a paste. Set aside.
- Cut the bread into triangles, sprinkle with olive oil, season with salt and thyme, and bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, or until toasted.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?