In partnership with
Big Mama's Classic Sour Cream Cake with Blood Orange Glaze
Ring in 2019 with this classically decadent sour cream cake that's almost too pretty to eat. Almost. Sponsored by Daisy.
Sour Cream Cake
- 1 ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Daisy Sour Cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Stand mixer
- 12 inch bundt pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cooling rack
Blood Orange Glaze
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh blood orange juice
- Sugared cranberries for garnish
- Start by preheating your oven to 325 F then liberally spray a 12 cup bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In your stand mixer bowl, add butter and sugar and mix for 3-4 minutes on high speed until very pale yellow and fluffy.