Bite-Sized Meatball Sub Pockets
Wrapped in cheese and puff pastry, these meatballs are crispy, bite-sized deliciousness.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Thawed puff pastry, cut into 4-inch squares
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg, beaten
- Tomato sauce, for serving
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper, minced onion, garlic cloves, and chopped parsley.
- Shape into small balls (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter).