Black and White Strawberry Layer Cake
Friends are like this cake - they just make life better.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/4 cups strawberries, for assembly
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 cups chocolate, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup white chocolate, melted
- Vanilla and chocolate cake
- Ricotta mixture
- Strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease and line 2 x round, 8-inch loose-bottomed cake pans.
- To make the cakes, follow the box instructions and bake.