Black Bean Hummus Quesadilla
Black bean hummus is the secret ingredient you never knew you needed.
- 1 whole head garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- Juice from 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Unsalted butter, for frying
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves (optional)
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice the head of garlic lengthwise in half. Transfer garlic to aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and seal the foil. Roast in the oven until the garlic is tender, golden, and sweet, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?