Black Forest Mousse Cake
May the (black) forest be with you with this chocolate mousse cake!
Black Forest Cake
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet cherries in syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons kirsch (can substitute cognac, brandy, other cherry liquor or omit entirely)
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate for drizzle
- Fresh mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform baking pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.