Blooming Chocolate Flower
A taste of spring in winters with these beautiful and tasty blooming chocolate flowers!
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, halved, stems removed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 half vanilla bean, cut open
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate
- Macaron, for inside the flower
- Whipped cream
- Fresh raspberries
- Mint, for garnish
- For the strawberry coulis, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla bean. Bring to a boil until fruit is softened. Pour cooked liquid into a blender, blend and strain. Set aside.
- For the flowers, melt the chocolate, and pour and spread over a 4-by-18-inch piece of acetate. Allow the chocolate to set slightly then cut small leaf-shaped petals out of the chocolate with a paring knife. Leave the chocolate on the acetate, bend the acetate and place between two cake pans to hold in a crescent shape. Allow to set then move to the freezer for 15 minutes before breaking into petals.