Blueberry Mousse Cake
Blueberry fans will love this creamy, layered mousse cake made with a blueberry and oatmeal cookie crust.
- Blueberry lemon oatmeal crust:
- 2 cups sweet oatmeal cookies
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon blueberry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 10 gelatin sheets or 2 tablespoons gelatin powder
- 1 cup milk, warm
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, soft whipped
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried blueberries
- For the crust: In a large mixing bowl, stir all ingredients until they reach a moist sand texture. Press into the bottom of a 6-inch springform pan, pressing down with the back of a cup.
- For the mousse: If using gelatin sheets, soak them in cold water until softened, about 5 minutes. Then squeeze out excess water, and stir into warm milk until dissolved. If using gelatin powder, sprinkle the powder over warm milk. Cook the milk/gelatin mixture on a double boiler until dissolved.