You're going to want a LARGE scoop of this bread pudding, chock full of caramelized bananas and chocolate, with just a touch of bourbon.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 3 barely ripe bananas, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 3 plain croissants, cubed
- 3 cups challah bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and 6 tablespoons sugar until bubbly and starting to brown. Add banana slices and cook until caramelized, about 5 minutes.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?