Breakfast Corn Dogs
Bacon, sausage and pancake batter... a complete, balanced breakfast on a stick!
- 12 breakfast sausages
- 12 strips bacon
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, for dusting
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Working carefully, wrap a piece of bacon around a breakfast sausage. Repeat until all sausages are used.