Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding
Megan shows you how to make this amazing Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding.
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped out
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups cooked short grain brown rice, day-old rice is best
- 1 pint blueberries, organic
- 1 pint raspberries, organic
- 1 pint blackberries, organic
- Toasted flaked coconut, for garnish
- In a large saucepan combine the almond milk, vanilla bean pod and seeds, vanilla extract, cinnamon stick, salt and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until it reduces slightly.
- Next remove the cinnamon stick and vanilla bean and add in the cooked brown rice. Stir together and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until it's thickened to your desired consistency. If you like it slightly looser cook it for less time, if you like a thicker pudding cook it longer.