Brussels Sprouts and Burrata Toast
With Brussels sprouts and burrata on toast, we combined 3 trends into one.
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 2 large shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 rustic French loaf
- 2 balls burrata cheese
- Truffle honey for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Drizzle in a little EVOO. Add the shallots and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add Brussels sprouts and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add extra olive oil if necessary. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the sprouts have softened but still hold their shape.
- While the sprouts wilt down, bring a grill pan up to heat. Slice the bread into 3/4-inch thick slices and drizzle with a little EVOO on both sides. Grill the bread until crunchy and golden brown. Remove from the grill and immediately rub with the garlic cloves.