Burrata with Oven Roasted Tomatoes, Pesto and Crostini
Chef Jamie Lauren takes you on a tasty tour of Italy with her Burrata, Tomato, & Pesto Crostini, Fried Eggplant with Pecorino & Spicy Tomato Sauce, Late-Night Anchovy Spaghetti and washes it all down with a Sparkling Negroni.
- 1 pound Burrata
- 1 pound Cherry tomatoes, on the vine (or campari tomatoes on vine)
- 2 cups Basil, packed
- 1-2 Lemon
- ½ cup Pinenuts
- ½ cup Pistachios, raw, shelled
- 4 ounces Pecorino, locatelli, grated
- 8 cloves Garlic, peeled, whole
- 2 cups Italian olive oil
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 1 loaf Rustic Italian bread, sliced in ½” thick slices
- Micro basil, to finish (optional)
- Chive blossoms, to finish (optional)
- Maldon salt
- Lemon agrumato or Lemon Infused Olive oil, to finish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss tomatoes gently with olive oil and salt and place a sheet tray with a rack. Roast until tomatoes are soft and golden, about 45 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, pinenuts, pistachios, pecorino and pulse until the nuts begin to chop. Add basil and parsley and pulse. Slowly add 1-2 C olive oil in a steady stream until the pesto begins to emulsify. Stream in 1/8th C lemon agrumato. Add the juice of 1-2 lemons to taste. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.