Butternut Squash Risotto
How do you make creamy risotto with pancetta and butternut squash even yummier? With parmesan crisps.
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4-5 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons shallots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil for pan
- Heat chicken broth in a pot and keep at a low simmer.
- In a non-stick pan, sprinkle 1/3 cup of Parmesan into small rounds and heat until they begin to bubble and turn slightly golden. Turn off the heat and allow to cool and harden like a crisp. Set aside.