Char Siu Don (Chinese Style BBQ Rice Bowl)
Step up your lunch game with a bowl of rice topped with smoky, rich, tender pork belly.
- 5 green onions
- 6-7 cloves garlic
- 5 thin ginger slices
- 1/4 cup Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 tablespoon red bean curd or yellow bean paste
- 1 pound pork belly
- Warm cooked rice (for serving)
- Chives (for serving)
- In a Ziploc bag, place all ingredients (except chives and rice) and close tightly.
- Massage to evenly coat pork belly with marinade. Place in a bowl or on a plate and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to overnight.