Cheesy Bacon Brussels Bake
This creamy, bacon-y casserole will be your new favorite comfort food.
- 1/2 pounds bacon, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, cleaned and cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and butter a casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until starting to crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, and reserve bacon fat.