Cheesy Mashed Potato Ring
Cheese was milk's attempt at immortality... well that backfired. We put that shhh in everything!
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup bacon, chopped
- ½ cup cheddar, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 4 medium white onions, peeled and cut into rings
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1-ounce packet ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- In a large mixing bowl, mix mashed potatoes, egg yolks, green onions, bacon, cheddar, and chives.
- Once well incorporated, take 2-inch scoops of the loaded mashed potatoes, press them into the onion ring slices and create an indentation. Fill the indentation with mozzarella cheese and cover with more mashed potato mixture. Press the potatoes firmly into the onion rings. Repeat with all of the onion slices and mashed potato, and then chill them for about 1 hour.