Cherry Blossom Roll Cake With Chantilly Cream
Put your art skills to use with this beautiful and delicious cherry blossom roll stuffed with cherries and cream.
- 4 eggs, divided, at room temperature
- 5 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Fresh cherries, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a roll cake sheet pan and line with parchment paper.