Cherry Pies That Look Like Cherries
How to describe these "fruit" pies in three words: uh dor able!
- 1 (16-ounce) package sugar cookie dough
- 2 tablespoons concentrated red cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried cherries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups pitted red cherries
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Melted white chocolate, tinted green, piped into stems
- Mint, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cookie dough, cherry juice, freeze-dried cherries and flour until well incorporated.
- Roll out to about 1/4 inch thick. Chill the dough. Cut into 2 1/2-inch rounds and place over the back of a mini muffin pan, staggering the cookies to make sure they don’t bake into one another.