Chicken Chorizo Paella
Hold on to that left-over paella, folks! Dini shows us how to repurpose paella for a delicious breakfast.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces chorizo (spicy or mild), small dice
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- To serve:
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot, and saute the chorizo and onions until golden brown, 5 minutes. Add the carrots, chicken and spices and saute another few minutes until chicken is partially cooked.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix together. Bring to a boil and immediately lower to a simmer. Cook covered 20 to 30 minutes until the rice is cooked through and all the stock has been absorbed. Serve hot.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?