Chicken Grilled Flatbreads with Arugula, White Bean and Basil Pizza
When you crave pizza but want to keep it light, try this one topped with arugula, white beans, and basil.
- 4 ounces basil, leaves picked from the stems
- 5 tbsp. reserved blanching water
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 ball of pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- 2 cups wild arugula
- 1 small lemon
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated for garnish
- Begin by making the basil sauce. Bring a small sauce pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the basil leaves and blanch for 1 minute. Immediately remove the leaves and place into ice water. This will help keep them bright green and remove some of the bitterness.
- Reserve about 5 tbsp. of the cooking liquid.