Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Cake
If you have a bunch of cookies, but actually want cake instead, we've got you covered with this easy, shareable dessert.
- 4 cups heavy cream, preferably organic
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 48 thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies, such as Tate's
- 1 bottle caramel sauce, such as Ghirardelli
- 1 bottle chocolate sauce, such as Ghirardelli
- 1 small dark chocolate bar, for shavings
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or with a hand mixer whip the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla to soft peaks. Set aside.
- Using a medium sized cake plate or large, round, flat platter begin to build the cake. Smear a little bit of the whipped cream on the bottom so the cookies don't slide around. Place 5-6 cookies on the bottom as the base.