Chocolate-Pecan Baklava Turnovers
Switch up these golden brown classics by using maple syrup, pecans and chocolate.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 13 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 13 additional whole pecans for topping
- In a small saucepan, mix together the syrup ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Immediately lower to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes until thickened and syrupy. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Get access to the full recipe and 10,000 more!Already have an account?