Whether dipping with bread, fruit or veggies, you'll definitely be fond of this warm, cheesy dip.
- 1 1/2 cups Gruyere, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups fontina, shredded
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2/3 cup white wine, such as Riesling
- 2 teaspoons kirsch
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- Pinch of salt
- 1 loaf crusty French bread, cubed, for serving
- 1 green apple, sliced into wedges, for serving
- Broccoli, for serving
- Cubed ham, for serving
- Mix shredded cheeses and cornstarch together well. Rub halved garlic all over the inside of a fondue pot or small pot. Discard the clove.
- Add white wine and allow to come to a slight boil. Slowly incorporate the cheese, adding a handful at a time, while using a wooden spoon to stir in a figure 8. Once the cheese has fully melted, add kirsch, nutmeg and salt. Stir well.