CREAMY SHRIMP & MOZZARELLA PASTA
For a shrimp and pasta dish that's heartier than scampi, try this one made with a creamy mozzarella cheese sauce.
- 2 cups penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Chopped basil, to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook approximately 3 minutes on each side.