Curried Savory Oatmeal
Yes, savory oatmeal exists and it's amazing.
- 1 cup quick cooking steel cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium zucchini, medium diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Toppings: 1 tablespoon green onions, thinly sliced 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- In a medium pot on medium-high heat, melt butter and sauté ginger, garlic, and spices, until it smells slightly nutty and fragrant.
- Add zucchini and stir occasionally.