Want a pizza that is crispy, doughy and kinda deep-dish? Say hello to Detroit-style pizza.
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
Tomato Sauce & Toppings
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 12 ounces brick cheese
- 1, 1-inch thick pepperoni log, such as Boars Head
- Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- Begin by making the pizza dough: Pour warm water into a bowl and sprinkle in yeast and sugar. Stir gently to dissolve.
- Let sit for 5 minutes or until bubbly.