Donut Cake Topper Cake
Vanilla and strawberry cake with stripped buttercream frosting filling, covered in pink frosting topped with cake donuts.
- 645g - 3 3/4 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- 400g - 1 3/4 cups caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp fine salt
- 190g – 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 560ml - 2 1/4 cups full-cream (whole) milk
- 190ml – 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt (or sour cream)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 500g - 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 500g - 4 cups icing (confectioners’) sugar
- 2–4 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp full-cream (whole) milk (at room temperature) (optional, but recommended)
- 1 tsp strawberry flavouring
- 2 drops pink food gel
- 100g white chocolate, melted
- Assorted sprinkles of your choice
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 140°C (275°F) or a conventional oven to 160°C (320°F). Spray two 20 cm (8 inch) cake tins with oil spray and line the bottoms with baking paper. Spray a donut cake tin with oil spray. Use a paper towel to wipe down. Set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix with a hand mixer until well combined.