Easter Bunny Cakes
These cakes look like baby bunnies and taste like fresh strawberries – perfect for spring!
- Strawberry cake batter
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioner's sugar
- Pink & brown food colouring
- Mini chocolate chips
- 1 pound strawberries, stems removed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Spoon the batter into a greased bunny-shaped pan. Cook for 20-25 minutes at 350F, until a skewer inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Immediately remove the cakes from the pan and transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a bowl and set aside. The strawberries will release their juice and become delicious and juicy while you make the buttercream and decorate the bunnies.