Easy Unicorn Cake
This magical cake is sweet, colorful, and topped with confetti-covered ice cream cones and cotton candy.
- 1 package store-bought vanilla cake mix
- Purple gel food coloring
- Blue gel food coloring
- Pink gel food coloring
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 8 to 10 sugar cones
- Round rainbow sprinkles
- Pink, purple and blue cotton candy
- Grease and line two 9-inch cake tins. Prepare cake batter according to package instructions, and divide evenly into 4 bowls.
- Add a little bit of purple, pink, and blue gel food coloring to 3 of the bowls, leaving the last one plain. Mix, and add more gel until a deep saturated shade of each color forms.