The Perfect Breakfast Dish for A Rough Morning & Big Appetite 🍳
- 1/2 package fast action yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 4 cups strong bread flour, and more for dusting
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 small eggs
- 12 to 20 cherry tomatoes
- Make the sponge: Whisk together the yeast and warm water in a large mixing bowl. Add half the flour and stir well, then cover and leave to rise for 2 hours, until risen by at least one-third.
- Make the dough: Place the remaining flour in a clean mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer. Add the sponge, salt, sugar and 2 teaspoons of oil. Bring the dough together and knead for 10 minutes by hand on a floured worktop, or in the stand mixer on low speed for 5 minutes then high speed for 2 minutes. Once you have a smooth, silky dough, shape it into a ball and place into an oiled mixing bowl. Cover and leave to rise for 2 hours.