Faux Slate Cheeseboard
With only a few simple items, you can turn your cheeseboard into a nifty slate.
- 1 wooden slab/wooden serving tray
- 1 soft bristle paintbrush
- 1 small bottle of non-toxic, water-based chalkboard paint in black, such as Art Minds or Martha Stewart
- Painters tape
- Begin by cleaning and wiping the surface dry.
- Using the painters tape, make a straight line, cutting the board in half about 2/3 of the way. Use two pieces if you think you might be a little messy. Press down on the tape, making sure it's flat and even.