Fried Kimchi Rice Balls
Balls of deep-fried kimchi fried rice packed with mozzarella cheese may just change your life.
- 1 1/2 cups steamed white rice
- 1/2 cup kimchi, chopped
- 3 tablespoons kimchi liquid
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste (gochujang)
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 sheet nori, shredded
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- Canola or vegetable oil for pan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup panko
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water, beaten
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat oil in a pan on medium-high. Add kimchi and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then stir in rice, kimchi liquid, and red pepper paste and cook for another few minutes.