In partnership with
FRITOS® BBQ Pork Empanadas
Recipe Written by Eden Westbrook // @sweet_tea_thyme
- ¼ cup FRITOS® Original Corn Chips
- 2 cups masa harina
- 1 ¼ cups warm water + 2 tbsp water (amount may vary depending on environmental humidity)
- 2 cups pulled pork
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Vegetable oil
- Grind the FRITOS® Original Corn Chips into powder using a high powered blender, food processor, or spice grinder until the chips become a find powder. Use a mesh sieve to sift the powder from the larger bits, if desired.
- Prepare the empanada dough in a large bowl, mixing the masa harina, FRITOS® chips powder, and warm water to form a ball. Using clean hands, knead the dough until smooth and well-hydrated; it should feel like very soft play-dough and not stick to your hands when it’s ready. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes before continuing.