Ginger Matcha Latte Donuts
The perfect donut for perking up your morning.
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) ginger beer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 21/4 cups (335 grams) plain (all-purpose) flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 4 egg yolks
- 50 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) double (thick) cream
- Matcha latte icing
- 1/3 cup (80 milliliters) milk
- 1 tablespoon matcha tea powder, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 21/2 cups (400 grams) icing (confectioner's) sugar, sifted
- 30 grams unsalted butter, melted
- Heat the ginger beer and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat until just warm.
- Place the flour, sugar and yeast in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook and beat on medium speed until combined.