Cake donuts with chocolate ganache and edible glitter.
- 430g - 3 1/2 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- 265g - 1 1/4 cups caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 125g - 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 375ml - 1 1/2 cups full-cream (whole) milk
- 125ml - 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt (or sour cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2 drops green food gel
- 200g white chocolate
- 100ml heavy cream
- 2 drops pink food gel
- Edible glitter of your choice
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 140°C / 275°F or a conventional oven to 160°C / 320°F. Spry a large donut tray with oil spray and brush to spread evenly. Set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix with a hand mixer until well combined.