Grilled Fennel Cheeseburger
Megan takes you to one of her favorite spots to give her take on the classic American cheeseburger — with a few artisan twists.
Quick Pickle Red Onion
- 1 large red onion, sliced in 1/4' rounds
- 1/4 cup of seasoned rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1/2 grapefruit
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of allspice berries
- 1 bay leaf
Potato & Root Chip Melange
- 1 1/2 3 pounds assorted color potatoes, beets, & sweet potatoes
- Peanut oil
- Garnish with: coarse salt & pepper & fennel fronds
- 2 fennel bulbs olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 pound ground chuck 1 pound ground sirloin salt & pepper olive oil
- Mt. Tam cheese (Cowgirl Creamery) or similar softbrie cheese ciabatta rolls or Hamburger buns
- Spicy brown mustard
- Into a jar or container that has a tight sealing lid, combine all the ingredients and seal.
- Let the onions rest in the pickling liquid for at least 10 minutes prior to eating.