Hot Chili Cheese Dip with Polenta Fries
Polenta baked to perfection, flavored with chili seasonings and cheese.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 can cooked red beans
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 28 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 24 ounces tube pre-cooked polenta
- Olive oil
- In a pot, cook ground beef, spices, chopped peppers, onion, and garlic, until browned and fragrant. Add tomato sauce, paste, beans, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir and cook on medium-high heat for 1 hour.
- Cut pre-cooked polenta into fries.