Hot Dog Potato Tornado
You'll be blown away by this savory hot dog tornado!
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled
- 6 hot dogs
- Oil, for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup lager-style beer, plus additional as needed
- Skewer the potatoes. Using a knife, start from the end and spiralize the potato. Keep your knife at a slight angle, and slice while rotating the potato, slowly moving your knife as to make one continuous slice across the potato. Remove the skewer.
- Using the tip of a potato peeler, remove the center of the potato (as you would the core of an apple). Slide the spiralized potatoes over the skewered hot dogs and spread out evenly.