Loaded Picnic Sandwich
Bring this fully-loaded sandwich stuffed with eggplant, zucchinis, mozzarella, pesto and more to your next picnic.
- 1 (8 or 9 inch) round crusty bread loaf
- 2 small zucchinis, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (8 oz) jar pesto or 9 Tbsp (preferably with Parmesan)
- 2–3 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced or shredded
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high and grease lightly. Working in batches, grill the zucchini and eggplant until cooked through and grill marks form on both sides. Season with salt and pepper as you grill. Reserve.