Meatless Mexican Zucchini Burrito Boats
Who knew zucchinis were the perfect vessel for Mexican flavor?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more to grease baking dish
- 4 large zucchinis (or 6 medium)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 ounces can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded jack cheese (optional)
- Grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish with olive oil and then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.